Is Adrian Peterson Retiring?

Adrian Peterson is eligible to be reinstated to the NFL next year, but he is not so sure he wanted to play football.

Adrian Peterson [Image from flickr by Joe Bielawa]
"I've thought about retiring from the NFL," Peterson told ESPN. "I made $ 8 million dollars this year. I thought back to the business of real estate [business in Texas] and I am on it. That's something that interests me, something that I'm already involved in. I've thought about getting back into it, I thought about going after the Olympics, you only live once. It might be time for me to pursue that as well. I love playing football, do not get me wrong, but so deep in that situation. For me, it's like, 'Why should remain part of an organization or a company that handles players the way they do? He made money off the field anyway, why not continue to insist that dream [Olympic] and pursue other dreams and hang the cleats.”

So what Olympic sport likes Peterson? He says he would like to go racing 200 meters and 400 meters.

"I have thought seriously about this entire situation. I keep praying about it, but it has been something that has been weighed heavy on my heart, "Peterson said.

Let's face it, Peterson is delusional if he thinks he has a chance to get to a track in the Olympic field. Yes, Peterson is very fast, but by the standards of a normal human being, and even by the standards of an NFL player, but Peterson is not as fast as an Olympic sprinter.

Article contributed by: ‎Lissette Becherano

Twitter: @Lizzy_becherano

Post a Comment

[facebook][blogger]

SportsRooter.com

{facebook#http://facebook.com/SportsRooter}

Contact form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget