Reds held talks with Serbian midfielder Marko Grujic

Jurgen Klopp is looking to strengthen Liverpool’s squad depth as the Merseyside club is weighing up a move for Red Star Belgrade midfielder Marko Grujic.

Marko Grujic confirms Liverpool talks, but will stay in Serbia this season
The Serbian playmaker held talks with club representatives last week and is keen on a move to Anfield. Liverpool offered a proposal of £4.3m for the services of the player plus allowing him to play for the Serbian outfit till the summer.

Liverpool’s assistant manager Zeljko Buvac, also a Serbian, is closely monitoring the player and his influence in the team can persuade the player to join the club.

However, Grujic also attracted interest from various European clubs. Reports claim that Stuggart offered £5m for the player and Italian giants Inter Milan are also weighing up a late move for him.

Grujic scored 5 goals in 21 appearances for the Red Star Belgrade this season.
Meanwhile, Grujic commented on the reports saying that, 'I'll try to respect the club, the fans and the general public, but again I think that for myself I have to choose the best environment where I get the chance to play and where I work with good coaches in good conditions.

'It is certain that I remain here until the end of qualifying for the Champions League. I had a talk with Liverpool but I did not receive yet any agreement. I'm still a Red Star player.'

Marko Grujic confirms Liverpool talks, but will stay in Serbia this season

Post a Comment

[facebook][blogger]

SportsRooter.com

{facebook#http://facebook.com/SportsRooter}

Contact form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget