World Cup predictions: Round of 16

World Cup predictions: Round of 16


Brazil vs Chile

This will be a good match. Two strong sides against each other and the atmosphere in the stadium will be amazing. I expected Brazil to win but it won't be easy for them, Chile will give them a good game. Chile played well against Spain and if they set up the same way against Brazil then I won't be surprised of they win. Despite this, I can Brazil can do it. I'll say 2-1 Brazil

Holland vs Mexico

This will also be a good game. Holland looked great against Spain but they haven't recaptured that form in the rest of their group games. Mexico was kept in the tournament by an inspired performance for their goalie Ochoa. I think the Netherlands will win this one and I think that they will like the did against Spain against this Mexico side. If they do it could be a trashing. 3-0 Holland.

Columbia vs Uruguay

Two South American teams facing off at the famous Maracana stadium. Without Luis Suarez, whose two goals against England helped them to get to the knock-out stages, Uruguay might struggle. In their first game, against Costa Rica, Suarez didn't play and Uruguay were well beaten. If they play like they did that day against Columbia then Columbia will easily win. Columbia played very well in the group stages and I think that they will have the power to see off Uruguay. It will be close but I'm going to say 3-2 Columbia.

Costa Rica vs Greece

This was not a tie that I expected at all. Costa Rica were impressive throughout the group stage and managed to get out of a group that they were totally written off from. Greece (who ate the subject of my next blog post. Read it at theblackstockblog.wordpress.com) needed a 90th minute penalty to get to the next round of the World Cup. If Greece play like they did against the Ivory Coast, I think they can nick it. 2-1 Greece.

France vs Nigeria 

France are another team who have looked impressive throughout the tournament so far. Nigeria were lucky to get to the next round and I think that they will be completely ripped apart by France. That said, I expected them to be destroyed by Argentina but  they played quite well. I think they will lose though. 3-1 France.

Argentina vs Switzerland

Argentina have look great so far and I think that they will be at least semi-finalists. To get their they need to overcome the Swiss. They are a good side but no where near the quality of Argentina. A solid win for the men in blue and white here. 2-0 Argentina.

Germany vs Algeria

Germany have been quite inconsistent this World Cup. After a great win over Portugal, they followed it up with a draw with Ghana. They weren't great that match but Ghana were very good. A 0-0 draw with the USA completed their group stage. Germany could have done better and I'm expecting a win here. Algeria were lucky to get through the group and I don't think they'll be getting any further. 2-0 Germany.

Belgium vs USA

Mark Wilmots' young Belgian stars have been good so far and I expect them to overcome the test of the USA. The American's were good against Germany and Portugal but failed to win either of those games. I don't think they'll win here either but they'll put up a fight. 2-1 Belgium.

My predictions give me these quarter finals:
Brazil vs Columbia
Holland vs Greece
France vs Germany
Argentina vs Belgium

Article contributed by: Luke Blackstock

Blog: theblackstockblog.wordpress.com
Twitter: @LukeZB99

World Cup predictions: Round of 16

Post a Comment

[facebook][blogger]

SportsRooter.com

{facebook#http://facebook.com/SportsRooter}

Contact form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget