Stevie G Loving 'Z list' Celebrity Status in Hollywood

Former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard is enjoying the celebrity status in America following his move to MLS side LA Galaxy this summer.

Steven Gerrard with his family
The 35-year-old who ended a 17 years stint at Merseyside expressed his relief at walking down streets 'without being stopped every five minutes'.

“I couldn’t be happier right now. I’ve gone from not being able to walk down a street without being stopped every five minutes to being a Z-lister out here and that’s cool. I love it," he told Hello! magazine.

The former Liverpool and England captain reminisced about his humble upbringing in Whiston, Merseyside and admitted that it would always make him stay grounded and modest.

"We’re very lucky, I know that. I grew up on a council estate and will always remain grounded and humble. But this is mind-blowing.”

Gerrard, his wife Alex and their three daughters are renting a whopping $18m (£12m), six-bedroom mansion in Beverly Hills that once housed singer Mariah Carey – during his 18-month contract with LA Galaxy.

“I’ve become a cool dad all of a sudden because I can take the kids out and no-one interferes,” he added.

“We can take them to the park, the beach, fairgrounds, water parks and be there for six hours and I might hear one person say my name and they’re not even sure if it’s me, so I just smile. The kids have been shocked I’m around and can do more things with them.”

A photo posted by Steven Gerrard (@stevengerrard) on

Gerrard also confessed that he looks forward to spending Christmas with family and friends in Liverpool without being involved in the hectic Premier League schedule.

He said: “We’re going to have a house party in Liverpool and it’ll be nice to have a couple of beers like everyone else can.

“Then we’ll go away for New Year, which we’ve never been able to do before. We’ll always have Christmas in England because we love being cosy at home with the kids and all the presents and have family time.”

The Liverpool legend won two FA Cups and a UEFA Champions League among others during his time in the North East of England.

Post a Comment

[facebook][blogger]

SportsRooter.com

{facebook#http://facebook.com/SportsRooter}

Contact form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget